Driver: First you need to install the appropriate printer driver for your device.
- Go to the printer manufacturer's website.
- Select the appropriate driver for your device
- Download the driver
- Install this driver (e.g. by double-clicking on the downloaded .dmg file)
Device: System Preferences / Printers & Scanners
- Add (+ icon)
- One time: Right mouse button on the toolbar: Customize Toolbar
- One time: Drag and drop the favorite “Advanced” to the toolbar
- Type: Windows printer via spoolss
- URL: smb://<print server name>/<printer name>
- Print server name
- printer name
- This can usually be found on the device, e.g. in the form hrz-hpclj5525-1.
- Example URL
- Name: Same as printer name
- Example: hrz-hpclj5525-1
- Location: <location>, <room>.
- Example: WHV, SE62
- (Printer) Select Software: Select the driver downloaded above here.
- Connect as registered user
- Name: default login (form: ma1150)
- Save password in keychain
Problems with login
Please check if the Windows workgroup HS-WOE is set: System settings → Network → more options → WINS → Workgroup
If the print dialog shows “Waiting for authentication” and nothing else happens, the printer must be set to “Force password entry”. This is most easily done in the terminal with the following commands:
sudo launchctl stop org.cups.cupsd sudo sed -i.bak 's/AuthInfoRequired negotiate/AuthInfoRequired username,password/g' /etc/cups/printers.conf sudo launchctl start org.cups.cupsd