The computing centre of the Jade University offers the use of wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) via eduroam for all members of the university. eduroam is a worldwide infrastructure for Wi-Fi access. With the uniformly used SSID „eduroam“, a member of a participating organization can use Wi-Fi access at all other eduroam participants.
While the connection establishment is running, every user logs in at his home mechanism, even when logging in at another eduroam participant. In order to the login only happening towards the login server of the home mechanism, the Wi-Fi configuration needs to be adjusted safely by the user.
Further information can be found here:
The used master certificates in eduroam are solely issued by the following certification centres and their intermediate certification centres:
- Deutsche Telekom Root CA 2
- DFN-Verein PCA Global - G01
- HS-WOE CA - G01
- T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2
- DFN-Verein Certification Authority 2
- DFN-Verein Global Issuing CA
If the master certificate is not installed on your device, the operating system might place inquiries. You can find the certificates in the particular producer's instructions.
The Wi-Fi eduroam is currently in a stage of migration. As a result, interruptions in the network access on your end device or certificate inquiries are possible.
- ELS: Certificates from “Deutsche Telekom Root CA 2”
- MR-Building (Canteen / Computing Centre): Certificates from “T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2”
- All other buildings: Certificates from “Deutsche Telekom Root CA 2”
- Westgebäude: Certificates of the “German Telekom Root CA 2”
- All other buildings: Certificates of the “T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2”
The configuration of the Wi-Fi eduroam can be found in the respective submenu points for your operation system (and its producer):