For the secure and trouble-free operation of all devices on the Jade University network, it is necessary that the parameters described below are used in the devices.
For PC systems, the host name is formed as follows:
<Type><Location>-<MAC (Physical Address)>
- mo: Mobile PCs
- pc: Stationary PCs
- Location of study
- 1: Independent of study location (for mobile PCs)
- 2: Wilhelmshaven (for stationary PCs)
- 3: Oldenburg (for stationary PCs)
- 4: Elsfleth (for stationary PCs)
- The 7 last digits of the MAC address of a network adapter installed locally in the unit (see notes).
Example: mo1-b5a7d9b or pc3-04e1fc9.
- Operation of IoT devices is not intended. Please contact Henning Bohlken at the university computer centre.
- Local network adapters are network interfaces permanently built into the PC system, such as Wi-Fi / WLAN or LAN. Do not use the MAC address of a docking station, a LAN adapter connected via USB or similar.
- Client systems will not be assigned fixed IP addresses in the future; they will be assigned dynamically from IP address pools.
- Client systems are not accessible from the Internet.
- The MAC address or physical address can be determined under Windows as follows: Click on the Windows symbol (Start), enter “cmd”, click on “Command Prompt”. In the black prompt that now opens, enter “ipconfig -all “. Under the entry “Ethernet Adapter x” you will find the twelve-digit physical address (MAC address).
You can change the domain in the advanced system settings. You will find the item under Computer name - Change … - Other … - Primary DNS suffix of the computer Please enter hs-woe.de here.
PC systems that are not integrated into the PC network system should have the workgroup