Table of Contents
- Operation System: Google Android 6.x or newer (suggested)
- You own an e-mail account in the Exchange System of the Jade University
Setting Up an E-Mail Account
To set up a new e-mail account on your android device, go to Settings. Depending on the producer, you have to click:
- Cloud and Accounts, then Accounts
- Accounts and Synchronisation
Click on Add Account and, after that, on the account type Exchange
In the set-up assistant, you need to type in your e-mail-address and click on Next.
In the next step, type in the password of your Exchange account and click on Next.
In the next step, complete by typing in the missing detailed information, then click on Next:
- Username (PC-login) in the form email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Server: mail.jade-hs.de
- Port: 443
- Security Type: SSL/TLS
Provided, all data have been entered correctly, a window with a remote safety warning will appear. Just confirm it by clicking OK.
To conclude, the assistant requests the necessary access authorisation of the app. Click on Activate to finish setting up the account.
To finish, the assistant confirms „The account is now set up and the e-mail is…“.
After closing the assistant by clicking Next, a connection to your Exchange account will be established in the background and the Exchange data will be synchronised with the selected apps.