Group-folders are folders outside of your personal memory area, which are not attributed to your personal storage contingent and are not deleted if you leave the university. They are, for instance, suitable for projects.
With the aid of the release function, group members are able to add further members and relatives of the university, but also externals.
With the right of “Writing”, group members are able to edit and save data in the group-file.
With the right of “Delete” group members are able to delete data in the group-file.
With the right “Share” group members are able to give other person access on the group-file. This is possible via a Link.
enable: share → input field “name, Federated-Cloud-ID or e-Mail-address”
- With the full name or the e-mail- address in the input field, all group members are enabled to give individual-related permission. All users of the Jade University and also the contacts of the collaboration cloud are shown.
- The access can be equipped with further attributes.
- The entitled person receives an automated e-mail.
Link: share → share link
- By clicking on the “+” right next to “share link” all group members are able to create a link.
- This link can be equipped with further attributes.
- Password: You need to set a password for the link.
- This link can be send to various people (also externals) via e-mail.
Please note: Group folders are not automatically synchronised by Nextcloud Desktop Client locally synchronised. You can activate the synchronisation of the files manually in the Nextcloud Desktop Client if required.
- For university members and staff authorised via sharing, the files are made available in the shares subdirectory of the CCS.
- For persons outside the university who are authorised via sharing and sharing link, the files are made available in the web browser.
- Area: Collaboration Cloud
- Name of the group folder: The name must reflect the content aspect here.
- Owner: Person responsible for the requested folder.
- Group members: Persons who are to be authorised by the HRZ to access the requested folder.
- Size: Required capacity in GB, default is 10 GB.
- Owner / group member can only be university members or staff with the exception of students. Ideally, please provide us with the login name, alternatively full name or email.
- Students and external members cannot be authorised by the HRZ, these must be authorised by the group members themselves via release.
- Please note that corporate storage is quite expensive and limit to what is necessary.
- If you do not wish to use the “Share” authorisation, please let us know.