In Oldenburg and Wilhelmshaven the HRZ operates with two high-precision LANTIME M300 time servers from Meinberg, which are synchronized via GPS.
Devices that are connected to the Jade University's network via LAN (e.g. PCs)
- Devices within the PC network system
- These devices are automatically synchronized with the correct time and therefore do not need to be configured.
- Devices outside the PC network system
- These devices please use one of the following time servers:
These servers can only be used within the three study locations using the NTP protocol.
Devices that are connected to the Jade University network via WiFi (e.g. notebooks)
- These devices please use the time server
This server can also be used outside the university using the NTP protocol.
Note: For security reasons, access to external time synchronization sources is blocked within the Jade University.