Currently, printing to multifunction devices from Apple devices only works via the InterCard User Service web page: here you can drop or upload a document to be printed under mobilePrint, and see your already set print jobs under Print Jobs.
Note: Please note that setup and printing only works within the Jade University network.
- Determine your Apple macOS version
- Apple icon (top left) → About this Mac.
- Go to the Utax Download Center
- Select the following driver
- Product name: 5505ci
- Search in the website for your Apple macOS version determined above
- Download the latest driver
- Install the driver by unzipping it and double-clicking on the .dmg file.
* system settings / printer & scanner * Add (+ icon) * Once: Right mouse button on the toolbar: Customise Toolbar * Once: Drag and drop the favourite “Advanced” to the toolbar * Extended * Type: Windows printer via spoolss
- URL: smb://ccm-qpilot-1.hs-woe.de/QPilot
- Name: QPilot
* Location: Campus Jade University * Use → Select software..: TA/UTAX 5505ci (KPDL) * Add * QPilot configure * Paper feeds: Kassetten 3,4
* Finder → Programs → Utilities → Terminal
# Turn on authentication sudo lpadmin -p QPilot -o auth-info-required=username,password # # Control (patience, it takes a while to enter). sudo cat /etc/cups/printers.conf
At the latest when printing for the first time, the print server login dialogue will appear: * Connect as: Registered user (cf. also the note below).
- Name: domain login (form: email@example.com)
- Password: <your password in the PC network system>.
- Save password in keychain: activated
- Within your application, click on “Print”, select the multifunction device “QPilot” and start printing.
- Go to a multifunction device, insert your CampusCard into the reader and select the document you want to print.
- Alternatively, open the InterCard User Service website.
- Under mobilePrint you can store or upload a document to be printed.
- Under print jobs you can see the print jobs you have already set up.
Please check the following settings:
- System Settings → Network → More Options… → WINS → Workgroup: HS-WOE
- Programs → Utilities → Keychain Management
- Search for ccm-qpilot-1 and delete the associated keys.
- Restart the Mac.